It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Dallas and I love it! I’m a big fan of (almost) everything that comes with the Fall and when I found this list of 20 questions from The Blended Blog, I knew I had to do it, too! What are your favorite things about Fall?
1. Favorite Fall Sweet Treat – I don’t think I have one?! I LOVE my Yiayia’s pumpkin chiffon pie at thanksgiving, but that’s not really a “sweet treat”, is it? Lame answer, sorry.
2. Red, Yellow, or Green Apples? Definitely RED.
3. Favorite Fall Sport to Play – dance is a year-round sport, so I’ll go with that (aka I never did anything else!!!).
4. Best Drinks for Fall? I love an English Fog when it’s cold outside but for my day-to-day I actually drink Iced Coffee with almond milk & one pump of pumpkin syrup from Starbucks.
5. Favorite Fall Activity? The State Fair of Texas!!! If you’ve never been to the state fair in Dallas, you must go. It’s one of my favorite things that the city offers.
6. Must have Fall Purchase? Scarves. Ugh, I can’t get enough. Which is dumb because it’s almost always too hot to wear scarves here!!
7. Pumpkins – Pick your own or store bought? To be honest, from the ages of 7-19 I don’t remember going to any pumpkins patches (Mom, chime in if that’s wrong, but I really don’t think you ever took us 😉 ). I went in college because my friends wanted to take cute pictures anddddd that’s about it… All that to say – store bought.
8. Real or fake pumpkins? Real! I think fake pumpkins can be beautiful if done correctly, but I think the real version is always the best version.
9. Favorite Halloween Costume? Despite popular opinion, I hate Halloween and could not care less about dressing up. This picture is one of my favorites of our sweet friends, so I guess this would be my favorite costume, too!
10. College or NFL Football? College!! My favorite Fall memories are at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
11. Fall or Halloween decor? Fall (I hate all things Halloween, remember?).
12. Raking leaves or no leaves to rake? We don’t really have leaves to take here, but one of my favorite childhood memories was jumping into piles of leaves that my dad had raked when we lived in Connecticut!
13. Favorite Soup? White chicken chili!
14. Favorite Fall Candle Scent? “Tailgate” from Bath & Body Works. During college, I went home with my best friend, Kelly, for the weekend and we went to the mall to grab a few things. We went past Bath & Body Works and noticed they had TONS of new fall candles. Me being the candle hoarder that I am, I had to stop and check it out. I swear this candle had a spotlight shining on it. It’s the best smelling candle I’ve ever smelled ever in my whole life, no exaggeration. Fast forward a few years and I go to buy a new one only to have my heart crushed by a Bath & Body Works employee… THE CANDLE WAS ONLY A TEST SCENT AND NEVER MADE IT INTO PRODUCTION. Cue the misery. Apparently the original store we went to was actually one of the few “test stores” throughout the country, so that’s why they had so many different scents. Moral of the story, if you ever see this candle in the wild, please buy me at least 10. They’re currently selling on eBay for $50, but I’ll include a photo so you recognize it 😉
15. Love or hate pumpkin spice? Depends on what it is, but typically I lean more toward hate.
16. Short booties or tall boots? This is tough for me… I’d say I alternate between the two fairly evenly. I love my tall Frye riding boots but I also really love booties.
17. Favorite Halloween candy? Well, I don’t love candy (I’d much prefer a bag of chips), but if I had to choose then I’d probably say something with Dark Chocolate.
18. PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) – Yes or No? No. I’ll order this maybe once a year, but it’s way too fake-tasting to me. Does that make any sense? The syrup is just too strong in a very overly processed way.
19. Hayride or Corn Maze? Hayride because A) I remember loving them when I was little and B) corn mazes seem too perfect for a horror film to take place, so, no thank you.
20. Favorite Fall TV Show? Aside from my usual suspects (hello, Thursday nights on ABC), Carter and I are loving The Brave. It’s a new show on NBC about a group of American soldiers serving in the Middle East and we’d definitely recommend it!
I hope you’re all enjoying this season as much as we are!